Saturday, October 2, 2010

Yasmin Ahmad

Not sure what has gotten into me to watch some of her inspiring videos all over again. I am probably one of those people out there who have never really know who she is and what are her contributions to Malaysia.

Yes. Though I have seen some of her advertisement videos elsewhere without realizing that it was her film some time ago, I guess like what I always thought in mind, "Maybe cause that was before I join Acts TV and hence, I know nothing about the film industry and have no interest in learning more about it anyway."

But truthfully speaking, I really never thought of all this until I join Acts TV, until I pursued in Mass Communication course in Taylor's. Not until last year. As time pass by, I slowly get to know more about film and all the hard work people goes through to produce a good film and all. I still don't really know who Yasmin Ahmad was when she passed away last year. Until recently, the course mates and I were given an assignment to watch an interview video of hers few years back on Star World and to analyze her story and bla bla bla.

I guess the requirement for us to do a research on her really allows me to get to know this inspiring storyteller even more, even better. Watching her films, advertisements, the stories she tells by blending in a Malaysian/Singapore culture really does give people from other countries an insight on the beauty of Malaysia. But still, I don't get why the governments wants to censored her films and all just because of the whole racial issue thing as mentioned in one of her interviews. But that's beside the point, am not gonna bad-mouth about the government.

Yasmin Ahmad. Though I still may not know you well yet, but your contribution in the Malaysia film industry and the country itself really is something worth sharing to the next generations. An inspiring storyteller, filmmaker, someone who dares to dream and go beyond limitation with different challenges in your life and career, a great lost to the country and in the film industry. You'll be missed. Thanks for everything. Though you're no longer here with us, but your stories remains :)






Blessings & Peace Out,
♠ Vanessa ♠™ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment